Private Dog Training
Alana Stevenson’s private dog training lessons provide you with one-on-one instruction and the convenience of teaching your dog in your home and dog’s environment. She locally services the Boston, MA area and Burlington, VT and can provide dog training help and assistance with an Online & Skype Consult if you are not in the area.
Alana teaches you how to positively train your dog according to how your dog learns using principles and techniques based in science and canine psychology. All dog training methods are humane. No leash jerks are given and there is no physical prompting. Alana does not use shock, pinch, choke collars, or squirt bottles.
With Alana’s private dog training lessons you can learn how to
- Teach your dog to come
- Get your dog’s attention
- Walk your dog with a relaxed leash
- Teach your dog not to pull you
- Train your dog to back away from the door
- Prevent and curb play-biting
- Prevent and lessen jumping
- Housetrain or potty train your dog
- Prevent and stop destructive chewing
- Train your dog to wait and stay
- Teach your dog to lie down and relax
- Train your dog to back away from counters and gates
- Teach your dog to leave and drop items
- Prevent your dog from chasing squirrels or other animals
- Position your dog properly on leash for better attention
- Handle a leash properly with Alana’s Leash Isometrics™.
Private dog training lessons are approximately one and a half hours. If more time is needed than the designated time for the lesson, a follow up training lesson is scheduled.
Private dog training lessons are scheduled by appointment. Deposits are required to hold dog training appointments. Deposits and prepaid discounted dog training lessons are nonrefundable.